FBI Background Check
(Identity History Summary)
Direct Submission For Identity History Summary To Check, Correct, Or Challenge A Record – Adoption From A Foreign Country – Visa To Live, Work Or Travel Abroad & More (Not For Licensing Purposes).
FBI Background Checks is for individuals who want to obtain a copy of his/her FBI Identity History Summary (DO 556-73) for the following reasons:
- Up To Date Record: To make sure your FBI record is complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Correct A Record: To review or to request a correction or update
- Challenge A Record: To challenge information on your record
- Adopt A Child: Adopting a child from a foreign country
- Visa To Live, Work & Travel Abroad: To satisfy a requirement to live or work in a foreign country, or to satisfy a requirement to travel to a foreign country, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) missionaries, and other volunteers
- Other Court-Related Matters
FBI Fingerprint Background Checks CAN NOT Be Used For:
- Employment in the USA
- US Immigration/Citizenship
- State/Federal Licensing
- Non-US Citizens/Resident
Why Choose Us?
We use the latest high-resolution, highest quality, up-to-date technology live scan devices, and fingerprint capture equipment that has a 99% approval rate.
What You Need For Your Appointment
1. VALID Government-Issued Identification
Your identification cannot be expired and must contain a photo, physical description, signature, date of birth, etc.
What Is Acceptable Identification?
Government-issued picture identification that is valid (not expired) with the individual’s name, date of birth, signature, or fingerprint is required to ensure proper identification unless otherwise prohibited by law. The ID must be legible and intact.
The exceptions to having a signature or fingerprint are government-issued Military IDs, Passport Cards, Permanent Resident Alien Cards (Green Cards), and Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) (these contain no visible signature).
Acceptable Forms of Valid ID
- Driver’s License From Any State Or Country
We accept mobile ID! (It is not a picture of your ID on your phone) See our FAQs for more information
Utah Driving Privilege Cards Will Not Be Accepted
- Identification Card From Any State Or Country
- Passport From Any State Or Country, With Or Without Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
- Passport Card From Any State Or Country, With Or Without Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
- Border Crossing Card
- Permanent Resident Alien Card (I-551 – Green Card)
- Consulate Card From Any Country
- Military ID
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Other Military IDs (Military Dependent ID Card)
- Employment Authorization Documents (I-766 – EAD)
- Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
2. Departmental Order (DO) Applicant Information request form
You must bring this completed form to your appointment – Download Form
We accept all US credit/debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and UnionPay. Contact and Contactless EMV, Magnetic Stripe, and Manual Card Entry. NFC payment to pay using a phone or smartwatch such as Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay, and digital wallets such as Venmo, Paypal, and Cash App.
Tax Is INCLUDED – NO Added Card Processing Fees
We Do Not Accept Personal Checks Or Money Orders
- An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for an individual who is a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident. A lawful permanent resident is any person who is not a citizen of the U.S. and residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known as “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).
- An FBI-approved Channeler cannot process a request for employment and/or licensing purposes within the United States. This type of request should be coordinated with the appropriate state identification bureau (or state/local police) for the correct procedures. Click Here For Utah
- A private company or FBI Channeler cannot apostille fingerprint search results. If an applicant needs an apostille, they must either apply directly with the FBI for a background check or send the authenticated FBI document to the State Department for further action. Please go to their website for additional information – https://travel.state.gov.
- Fingerprints MUST be captured by a trained fingerprint technician. An individual is not permitted to capture his/her own fingerprints on fingerprint cards.
- FBI results can only be shipped to a U.S. address. Results are prohibited from being shipped to another Country.
- The current processing time for FBI requests submitted electronically can be within 24 hours but could take three to five business days. Allow additional time for USPS mail delivery if this option was selected during the request process. If you have not received a response in 5 days please contact us.
- If you would like your FBI Criminal Report delivered directly to your attorney, you must bring the completed Attorney Release Form, printed on the attorney’s letterhead. This form must be signed by both the applicant and the attorney.